BE SAFE OUTDOORS – The month of June is the official great outdoors and camping month!
Here at CCSO, we encourage everyone to go outside, be active, and enjoy time with family and friends! However, we insist you do so safely.
Here are some tips on how to stay safe while being outside.
TRAVEL WITH A COMPANION
– Being along when an emergency situation happens, is never a good idea. Not only should you have a buddy, but ensure someone who is not attending knows of your whereabouts and itinerary.
BE IN GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH
– Always set a comfortable pace when hiking and ensure you have the skills you need for your adventure.
WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHING/BE WEATHER WISE
– Be knowledgeable of the trail as well as the season of the year and pack/dress accordingly.
HAVE BASIC FIRST AID SKILLS
– Enough to where you can identify and treat minor injuries/illnesses
– Bring emergency supplies
– Know the weather forecast
– Arrive early
– Avoid areas prone to natural hazards
– Build fires in a safe area, always attend to them.
– Dispose of trash properly
– Watch out for stinging bugs, encountering poisonous plants, and wildlife.
#CCSOSafetyTips #OutdoorMonth #CampingMonth #BeSafeCitrus #PlaySafeCitrus