EOC ALERT 4 – Hurricane Isaias
Hurricane Isaias continues to track northwest at 16 mph and has maximum sustained winds of 75 mph.
Isaias is forecast to remain a Category 1 hurricane as it moves north paralleling the east coast of Florida, and watches and warnings have been issued for those areas.
West Central and Southwest Florida remain outside of the cone of uncertainty at this time, but it is important for all residents to continue to be mindful of any possible shifts in the forecast track over the next few days.
Rainfall is still forecast to impact our area as early as Saturday evening and continuing through Monday.
• Register for automated severe weather notifications at http://www.AlertHernando.org
• Take this opportunity to refresh your emergency supply kit. For more information, visit http://www.HernandoCounty.us/EM
• Residents are encouraged to monitor local media outlets or the National Weather Service at https://www.weather.gov/tbw/ for current weather information.
• Test your weather radio today and change the battery if needed.
• Residents are encouraged to “Know Your Zone, Know Your Home” https://www.floridadisaster.org/planprepare/know-your-zone-know-your-home