Sheriff Al Nienhuis is pleased to announce that, effective today, fingerprinting services are once again available at the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, now featuring a new, more convenient scheduling system.
Currently, the service is available ONLY at the main office on Cortez Boulevard in Brooksville. When the service is again available at our District Two office, an update will be sent.
As always, fingerprinting services are provided at no charge at both locations.
In an effort to provide the most efficient service and eliminate lengthy wait times, we have implemented a scheduling system for fingerprinting services.
Persons who need fingerprint services should read the following BEFORE responding to either Sheriff’s Office location to have the service completed:
– A valid Driver’s License or Identification Card is required for ALL fingerprinting services. No exceptions.
– Concealed Weapon Permit Fingerprints – Please provide the fingerprint card from the CWP permit packet.
– Seal/Expungement Court Requests – Please provide the “Fingerprint for Application for Certification for Eligibility” form.
– All Other Fingerprint Requests except for Hernando County employment applicants – You are required to provide an Originating Agency Identification (ORI) Number. Contact your employer, or the entity requesting fingerprints, to obtain the ORI number.
– Walk-Ins – Persons who walk-in without an appointment will be scheduled by the receptionist for the next available time slot.
– Court Mandated Registrations (Sexual Offenders, Sexual Predators, Felons) – Persons who are attempting to schedule fingerprinting services for a court mandated registration and are unable to get an appointment in the timeframe within which they are required to register, should walk-in to the HCSO lobby and tell the receptionist they were unable to reserve an appointment time but are mandated by the court to register/be fingerprinted.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR FINGERPRINTING SERVICES. https://www.hernandosheriff.org/registrationguidelines.aspx