Update Tropical Storm Isaias
Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine was upgraded overnight to Tropical Storm Isaias.
The storm is moving northwest at 20 mph and has maximum sustained winds of 60 mph. Isaias is currently moving over Hispaniola and some additional strengthening is forecast later today.
According to the National Hurricane Center, the forecast track has shifted east, but it is important to note that impacts are often possible outside the cone of uncertainty.
Heavy rainfall is still forecast to impact our area as early as Saturday evening and continuing through Tuesday. Depending on the exact location and amount of rainfall, flood prone and low-lying areas may be at risk for flash flooding.
It is important that residents remain mindful of the situation and any potential changes over the next several days.
• Register for automated severe weather notifications at http://www.AlertHernando.org
• Take this opportunity to refresh your emergency supply kit. For more information, visit
• Residents are encouraged to monitor local media outlets or the National Weather Service at
https://www.weather.gov/tbw/ for current weather information.
• Test your weather radio today and change the battery if needed.
• Residents are encouraged to “Know Your Zone, Know Your Home”