HOME SAFETY TIPS FROM SHERIFF CARMINE MARCENO
As we begin another great week here in Lee County, I thought that I would share a few home-safety ideas with you.
• Do not open your door if you’re unsure as to who is on the other side.
• Always get identification from strangers; even those claiming to work for local utilities, law enforcement, etc.
• Always lock up your home; that includes doors, sliders and windows.
• Don’t hide your house keys outdoors, instead, leave an extra set of keys with a trusted friend or neighbor
• Use interior and exterior lighting at all times. Interior and exterior lights can be set using a timer and deter burglars.
• Hide or destroy boxes from expensive purchases. A cardboard box from a large-screen television, computer, etc., is an invitation to a burglar.
• “See something. Say something. Make the call!” You know your neighborhood. If it doesn’t seem right to you, or appears suspicious, call law enforcement.