A 28-year-old Miami, Florida man was arrested early Friday morning after multiple pills and bags of marijuana candies were found during a traffic stop.
Marquiese Delshay Brown was charged with trafficking in Oxycodone, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with a suspended license.
Deputy William Guerra stopped a Nissan Maxima on U.S. 1 near 55th Street in Marathon at approximately 4:54 a.m. after witnessing it make an illegal U-turn. Deputy Guerra also noted the Maxima had no rear tail lights nor a light over the license plate.
The driver identified as Brown. Brown was the only occupant. The Maxima smelled of marijuana. When asked if there was any marijuana in the vehicle, Brown produced a small baggie with marijuana. Brown stated he did not have a medical marijuana card.
The following were found in the vehicle:
- 19.5 grams of Oxycodone pills
- 11.1 grams of Tramadol pills
- Three bags of 500Mg marijuana gummy candies for combined weight of 142.1 grams
- 7.1 grams of leaf marijuana
- A small baggie containing cocaine residue
- A marijuana grinder
- One glass pipe that tested positive for cocaine residue
Brown was taken to jail.