Sheriff Chad Chronister is pleased to announce the results of an operation aimed at cracking down on underage drinking. From March 15, 2021, to March 17, 2021, Operation SUDS (Sheriff’s Underage Drinking Squad) conducted 29 compliance checks, for sales of alcoholic beverages to underage individuals, at stores throughout Hillsborough County.
During the operation, nine people were found to be not in compliance and were either issued a court date or entered into the State Attorney Office’s Diversion program.
“This operation directly increases the safety of teens in Hillsborough County,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “Now, they won’t be able to visit these businesses and buy alcohol. I want to remind everyone that underage drinking is not only illegal but is dangerous. Please, don’t risk your life, or your future, on a drink.”
The operation was possible due to the formation of the county-wide DUI Enforcement Squad. The squad is made up of deputies specially trained to detect and apprehend impaired and intoxicated drivers. The squad also focuses on underage drinking education and crackdown efforts.
The following individuals were found to be non-compliant during the operation:
- 4002 Orient Road (Mobil) Milton Lewis Hempstead Jr.
- 1640 Brandon Bl. W. (Mobil) Safealldean Sabla
- 1301 Parsons Ave N. (Texaco) Fareed Ahmad
- 1302 Parsons Ave. N. (Marathon) Thomas Puthusseril
- 12020 Dr. King Bl. E. (Seffner Foods) Satyal Sambhrit
- 1214 Dr. King Bl. W. (Cloud House) Donald Wilson III