Wanted man arrested after standoff on Stock Island


A 34-year-old Stock Island man was arrested Wednesday after a two-hour standoff with the Sheriff’s Office and Key West Police Department.


“I want to thank the fine men and women of the Sheriff’s Office and the Key West Police Department for their hard work and dedication in finding a peaceful resolution to this incident,” said Sheriff Rick Ramsay. “I’m happy to report that no one was injured and this dangerous criminal has been taken off our streets.”


Robert Anglin was served with a warrant for his arrest in a Aug. 22, 2020 armed robbery after he surrendered.


The robbery for which Anglin was wanted and the standoff Wednesday both occurred at Roy’s Trailer Park off Maloney Avenue on Stock Island.


Sheriff’s Office Detective Boyd Williams attempted to serve Anglin with the warrant shortly before 2:30 p.m., but Anglin ran into a trailer whereupon he barricaded himself.


The Sheriff’s Office received information that Anglin was not armed, but Deputies and Detectives cordoned off portions of the park nonetheless for the safety of residents and passersby.


The Sheriff’s Office and Key West Police Department Crisis Negotiators were called to the scene. Key West Police also responded with K9 Units.


The Sheriff’s Office SWAT Team was put on alert, but did not enter the trailer as Anglin peacefully exited shortly before 4:30 p.m. with his arms raised.


Anglin was taken into custody without incident.


The case against Anglin began on Aug. 22 when a former girlfriend reported that she was robbed by Anglin, Kenyatta Eugene Scott Jr., 28, of Marathon, and a third suspect who has yet to be identified.


The victim stated she let go of her $650 Coach backpack out of fear when Anglin produced a butcher’s knife and threatened to kill her and her children.


The woman was not seriously injured in the attack.


Scott was arrested Sept. 11.  The search for the third suspect remains ongoing.


Anglin was taken to the Sheriff’s Office headquarters building shortly after his arrest Wednesday for questioning and was expected to be booked into jail later that evening.