Woman arrested after fleeing from Deputies


A 36-year-old Miami Beach, Florida motorist was arrested Thursday night after fleeing from Deputies and crashing into another car.


Christine Eliza Dayoub was charged with aggravated flee and eluding with injuries or damage, fleeing and eluding, hit and run and possession of synthetic marijuana.


The incident began at approximately 7:40 p.m. when Deputy Corbin Hradecky was passed by a speeding Mercedes sedan on the 3300 block of U.S. 1 in Marathon. Both vehicles were southbound when the Mercedes recklessly swerved around Deputy Hradecky, causing Deputy Hradecky to slam on his brakes. Radar indicated the Mercedes was traveling 56 mph in a 35 mph zone. Deputy Hradecky turned on his lights and siren and attempted to make a traffic stop. The driver, later identified as Dayoub, began waving her middle finger out the window and accelerating.


Dayoub then began recklessly passing other vehicles, driving on the shoulder and into oncoming traffic while reaching speeds of 90 mph. Dayoub displayed both middle fingers from the sunroof upon reaching the Seven Mile Bridge. At that point, speeds reached 120 mph and Deputy Hradecky ceased the pursuit for safety reasons. Deputy Hradecky watched as Dayoub began tailgating a Tesla and then intentionally crashed into the rear of the Tesla. The Tesla fishtailed, however the driver was able to keep control the car.


Deputy Hradecky once again attempted a traffic stop, but Dayoub did not stop. Deputy Hradecky again turned off his lights and siren.


Lower Keys Deputies prepared tire spikes at Mile Marker 35 after Dayoub exited the Seven Mile Bridge. Dayoub, however, pulled over on her own accord at Mile Marker 36 on the Bahia Honda Bridge.


Deputy Hradecky approached the Mercedes with his service weapon drawn. Dayoub followed instructions and exited the car. She was laughing. Dayoub said she wished to go to jail, adding she had no reason for driving the way she was driving.


Two synthetic marijuana vape pens were found in the Mercedes.


Dayoub was taken to jail.